Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Song of the Quarkbeast by Jasper Fforde

This companion to The Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fforde did not disappoint. As you may remember my favorite part about the first book was the marvelous, magnificent, completely magical quarkbeast.

In The Song of the Quarkbeast, Jennifer Strange is back managing Kazaam! the group of wizards for hire. This was a fanciful and entertain addition and I can't wait for more. Kazaam! has been challenged by the competing wizard firm to see who can complete repairing a bridge first. All of the favorite characters reprise their rolls, including the villanous King Snood. I love the accolades associated with each character--it really add something to the story. I also loved the larger roll of the Transient Moose.

In particular, this book spent quite a bit of time discussing the mating rituals, existence of and much more regarding magical creatures...especially the quarkbeast. I still want pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment