Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Doon by Carey Corp

I love musicals, so when I heard there was a book based on Brigadoon, I had to read it. For those of you who don't know, Brigadoon is fantasy village that exists in our world for only one day every hundred years before disappearing again into the mist.

Doon by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon brings this story into the 21 century. Veronica and Mackenna are spending the summer after senior year in Scottland, right next to the Brig' o Doon (Doon Bridge).

Prior to this trip, Veronica had been seeing a Scottish hottie--one that no one else could see. She is sure this mystery man exists in the mythical world all the locals are talking about, making her want to try and cross the Brig' o Doon more than anything. Which of course she and Mackenna do.

I enjoyed this book, but I found it a little slow and predictable. Laced with a plethora of musical references, this book will hit its target audience of theater goers. And for other fantasy lovers who can gloss over these references, I am sure they will delight in this story as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment