Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Gorgeous by Paul Rudnick

I love the tagline for this book: "Inner beauty wants out."

When Becky's mom passes away, she calls a mysterious number she finds among her mothers belongings. A man named Tom Kelly (the most famous designer of, well, everything) answers the phone and flies Becky to New York. There she learns of her mother's glamorous past and is made the offer of a lifetime. Tom Kelly will use three dresses to transform her into the "most beautiful woman in the world."

Skeptical but with nothing to lose, Becky goes along with the plan and quickly becomes gorgeous, famous and has the world at her doorstep.

Gorgeous was a page turner. I couldn't put it down and I am sure I won't be the only one. I am not going to say this book was perfect and the language certainly isn't for young readers, but this book will definitely be very very popular.


No comments:

Post a Comment