Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Shining Scars by Krystian Leonard

I underwent multiple surgeries by the time I was three years old. I have consciously never known what it was like not to have a scar. And, at times I have been very self conscious about my scars.


Krystian Leonard, who I believe was Miss Teen USA (or at least will be competing in that pageant) wrote this picture book to help young children accept and understand their scars.

I am very glad to see that a book such as this has been published and I hope that it will help many children. It is about a Star who fell and got hurt and when it healed had a scar on his head. This is a book for those who injure themselves and for their friends to help.

Text provided by author at BEA.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your review!!
    I will be competing in the America System for the title of Miss West Virginia's Outstanding Teen! Hope I make it to Miss America's Outstanding Teen Pageant in August representing WV.
    If you would like to learn more about my organization find me at www.shiningscars.org THX!!

    ReplyDelete