Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Dancer Daughter Traitor Spy

by Elizabeth Kiem

I should start off by saying that the REP from SOHO Teen endorsed this book as his favorite of their fall teen books.

I wouldn't go as far as saying this is one of my favorites, but I did enjoy Marya's story.

Raised as a Russian Ballerina, Marya has a future planned for that will keep her above most of her fellow citizens, even in the Soviet Union. Set during the last days of the Cold War, her mother believes she has secrets about germ warfare and is taken into Soviet custody, enforcing the danger her father already believes they are in.

After being question by KGB, Marya and her father are smuggled out of Russia and eventually to the United States. They hope her mother will join them later. Instead, they wind up caught between the KGB, Russian Mafia and the CIA.

Full of intrigue, I am sure many teens will pick this book and enjoy.


ARC Provided by Publisher at BEA

No comments:

Post a Comment