Thursday, July 19, 2012

Birthright Series by Gabrielle Zevin

The first book, All These Things I've Done I picked up at BEA last year (2011) and I absolutely loved the story. Anya Balanchine is her father's daughter. The fact that her father and mother are no longer living, nor the fact that her mobster family is currently run by her uncle changes this. Set years in the future, chocolate has been banned and her family is the black market supplier of Balanchine Chocolate. Caught between being a pawn in her family's drama--needing to take care of her younger sister and older brother, and making her own way in the world, Anya struggles through high school.  This book reminded by of Ally Carter's Heist Society with more intrigue. I'm constantly recommending it.


The second book, Because It Is My Blood, will come out this September. It was the first book I picked up at BEA this year and was the one I carried around and read in all the lines. I had several people ask about it and where they could find it. I was not disappointed at all and can't wait for this book to come out. Neither can the teens at the library who have flipped through my ARC. 



No comments:

Post a Comment