Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Lover's Dictionary

I love this book.


I love that the story was told successfully out of order.
I love when it repeated and honed in on different parts of the same event, adding just a little bit more information each time.
I love that I actually had to look up some of the words.
I love that I could see myself and my relationship in some of the definitions--it made it do much more real. I believe that this covered so many emotions and scenarios, others will experience this too.
I love the gender ambiguity of the main characters and how they were only known as "I" and "you".
I love the cover.

This was an intriguing, unique concept, masterfully accomplished. A beautiful love story, heartwarming even at its most depressing. This was a joy to read and can not only be read once.

No comments:

Post a Comment