Saturday, October 5, 2013

Relish by Lucy Knisley

Food is how my family relates. A holiday? Here is a huge meal with all the traditional dishes. A birthday? All of your favorite foods. Just another Tuesday? Lets get together with a big giant bowl of clam dip. Food can bring people together and it is a beacon of tradition. Some may say it is just about sustenance--but others know it isn't.

I just finished reading Relish: My Life in the Kitchen by Lucy Knisley. I'm impressed and I'm ready to go do some cooking. Or baking.

Lucy grew up the child of a excellent cook/ caterer and true foodie. She appreciates and craves delicious, fresh, perfectly prepared delicacies as well as junk food staples. This memoir is humorous and easy to relate to. I immediately began looking for her first novel. A must read for those with culinary aspirations.

No comments:

Post a Comment